Across many grades, the "cover" staff are getting a raw deal. Shifts changed at a moment's notice give no chance to plan a social life or organise child care. Tubeworker has launched a campaign which wants:
- All reserve/pool staff to receive their duties 28 days in advance.
- Rest days to be allocated with equal rights to long weekends with rostered staff.
- Shift patterns to follow as near as possible rostered staff patterns, to allow proper sleep cycles.
- More rostered posts with more spare turns on the roster, enabling staff to achieve a rostered position.
- Lockers at an agreed location for reserves and the right to book on at that location and travel to work site in company time.
- An extra pay allowance for reserve/pool staff to appreciate the anti-social hours of their work.
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org