In two months, Workers’ Liberty will host Ideas for Freedom, our annual weekend of socialist discussion, debate, education and training.
It takes place at the University of London Union, and will feature lectures, workshops, film-showings, debates, and other sessions designed to give those who are already socialists a chance to discuss our politics, and to persuade those who are not already socialists to become so.
Many speakers will be Workers’ Liberty members, but there will also be speakers from a range of other groups and backgrounds. We want Ideas for Freedom to be a space where genuine debate and engagement can take place, not just stage-managed expositions of our views.
If the event sounds good to you, please donate to our fund appeal. We can’t make events like Ideas for Freedom happen without your financial support — to pay for materials, speakers’ travel expenses, food costs, and more.
Last year’s Ideas for Freedom attracted nearly 250 people and was the biggest for a decade. With your help, Ideas for Freedom 2013 could be even bigger.
Help us raise £15,000 by May Day 2013. You can contribute in the following ways:
* Taking out a monthly standing order using the form below or at www.workersliberty.org/resources. Please post completed forms to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation by cheque, payable to “AWL”, or donating online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL. More information: 07796 690874 / firstname.lastname@example.org / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, London SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £10,111
We raised £410 this week. Thank you to Alison, Kas, Ed, Hannah, Hannah, Helen and Duncan.