This week, we raised £141 towards our fund appeal.
This includes £41 in donations from our dayschool on Antonio Gramsci in Manchester, £25 from a film showing of Ken Loach’s Land and Freedom organised by AWL North East London branch, and £75 in extra literature on the Save Lewisham Hospital demonstration (most AWL members pay for literature together with membership dues and recoup the money through sales, so the £75 is on top of that).
These are modest amounts, but positive nevertheless. AWL North East London’s film-showing was a relatively easy-to-organise event that provided for political discussion and socialising as well as fundraising. And our sales on the Lewisham demonstration show that people are keen to read and discuss socialist ideas.
Taking copies of Solidarity, and other AWL literature, to sell, is just one of the ways you can support our fund appeal.
With three months to go until our May Day target, we’re now passed the halfway mark, but it’ll still take a lot of work and support to get us over the line.
You can contribute in the following ways:
* Taking out a monthly standing order using the form below or at www.workersliberty.org/resources. Please post completed forms to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation by cheque, payable to “AWL”, or donating online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL. More information: 07796 690874 / email@example.com / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, London SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £7,097
Thanks to AWL North East London comrades, and well done to Duncan M from South London AWL (amongst many others) for the vast quantities of literature sold on the Lewisham demonstration!