The AWL is growing. We now publish Solidarity weekly, setting up new branches and expanding all areas of our activity. If we are going to continue this, we also need to expand our sources of funds.
That’s why we’re launching an appeal to raise £20,000 by the end of August. A donation from you, or a regular standing order, will help.
We need money to:
1. Continue publishing Solidarity as a weekly;
2. Establish a fund for publishing high quality books and pamphlets;
3. Improve our website;
4. Organise events such as our New Unionism dayschool next month, and our Ideas for Freedom summer school;
5. Organise study courses;
6. Build on our work as one of the main forces fighting for rank-and-file democracy and control in the labour movement;
7. Build on our work in developing a broad, democratic student movement against fees and cuts;
8. Pay the rent on and finance the staffing of our office to make all of the above and more possible.
We have no big money backers. We rely on contributions from workers and students like you! So please consider:
* Taking out a monthly standing order to the AWL. There is a form at www.workersliberty.org/resources and on this page. (Even a few pounds a month really does help.)
* Making a donation. You can send it to us at the address below (cheques payable to “AWL”) or do it online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell at your workplace, university/college or campaign group.
* Getting in touch to discuss joining the AWL.
For more information on any of the above, contact us: tel. 07796 690 874 / email@example.com / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £7,115.
We raised another excellent £1,085 this week in donations and new standing orders. Thanks to John, Jason, Dave, Boyd, Andrew and Rebecca!
Comrades are beginning to make fundraising plans; please send in reports.