A page for and about Workers' Liberty supporters in Australia.
WL Australia news
A campaign to get a socialist in parliament for North-West Melbourne in November 2018.
Democratic control by workers and consumers of financial services could put an end to the various exploitative practices, legal or not, of the banks.
Report of the ‘Get Wise, Organise!’ Queensland MUA branch biennial conference
Workers' Liberty newsletter No 69 (Summer 2017/2018) includes:
• The (un)Fair Work Act has to go
• Bill Shorten winning over business?
• Launching Change the Rules
• Religious right routed in marriage equality “vote”
• Northcote By-election
• Queensland MUA global solidarity conference: injecting class politics
• Fake housing shortage: homes not investments
• Why the British Leyland shop stewards lost
• Catalonia: rights and unity
• Zimbabwe power struggle: no gain for workers
• Paradise papers: Seize their wealth
• Capitalist disease, Australian politics and a Marxist response: conference greetings
What we stand for
• Independent working-class representation in politics.
• A workers’ government, based on and accountable to the labour movement.
• A workers’ charter of trade union rights — to organise, to strike, to picket effectively, and to take solidarity action.
• Public ownership of essential industries, and taxation of the rich to fund renewable energy and environmental protection, decent public services, homes, education and jobs for all.
• A workers’ movement that fights all forms of oppression. Full equality for women, and social provision to free women from domestic labour. For reproductive justice: free abortion on demand; the right to choose when and whether to have children. Full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. Indigenous control of indigenous affairs. Working class unity against racism.
• Free refugees, let them stay, right for workers to remain in Australia without insecurity of short term visas.
• Global solidarity against global capital — workers everywhere have more in common with each other than with their capitalist or Stalinist rulers.
• Democracy at every level of society, in trade unions, and from the smallest workplace or community to global social organisation.
• Equal rights for all nations, against imperialists and predators big and small.
• Maximum left unity in action, and openness in debate.
- Sydney - 0428 957 704
- Canberra - 0419 493 421
- Melbourne - 0400 877 819
- Brisbane - 07 3102 4681
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post - P O Box 298, Corinda, Qld 4075