A collection of articles and reviews on the fight against climate change, capitalism and on the role of workers' organisation and struggle in that.
New edition 2018. The pamphlet is 45 pages. Contents include:
• Socialist politics and climate change.
• Workers Action for Climate Justice (Ende Gelände bulletin, 2017).
• 'The mill owners told the workers to bow down to the steam idol or starve' (A review of Andreas Malm's Fossil Capital: The Rise of Steam Power and the Roots of Global Warming, 2016).
• Towards an independent working-class climate movement, 2011.
• The shop stewards who represent the future, 2015.
• Climate change and extreme energy, (WL conference document, 2013).
• Climate resistance must be built from below (or 'The transition has hardly begun...') (A review of Simon Pirani's Burning Up: a global history of fossil fuel consumption, 2018)
• William Morris: ecology and the shift to socialism, 2009 .
• Climate change and socialist politics (WL conference document, 2008).
• Urgent and radical action on climate change (motion to Labour Party conference, 2018).
For workers' climate action costs £3 - £4 including postage. You can buy online here: