A page for and about Workers' Liberty supporters in Australia.
WL Australia news
Report of the ‘Get Wise, Organise!’ Queensland MUA branch biennial conference
Workers' Liberty newsletter No 69 (Summer 2017/2018) includes:
• The (un)Fair Work Act has to go
• Bill Shorten winning over business?
• Launching Change the Rules
• Religious right routed in marriage equality “vote”
• Northcote By-election
• Queensland MUA global solidarity conference: injecting class politics
• Fake housing shortage: homes not investments
• Why the British Leyland shop stewards lost
• Catalonia: rights and unity
• Zimbabwe power struggle: no gain for workers
• Paradise papers: Seize their wealth
• Capitalist disease, Australian politics and a Marxist response: conference greetings
What we stand for
• Independent working-class representation in politics.
• A workers’ government, based on and accountable to the labour movement.
• A workers’ charter of trade union rights — to organise, to strike, to picket effectively, and to take solidarity action.
• Public ownership of essential industries, and taxation of the rich to fund renewable energy and environmental protection, decent public services, homes, education and jobs for all.
• A workers’ movement that fights all forms of oppression. Full equality for women, and social provision to free women from domestic labour. For reproductive justice: free abortion on demand; the right to choose when and whether to have children. Full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. Indigenous control of indigenous affairs. Working class unity against racism.
• Free refugees, let them stay, right for workers to remain in Australia without insecurity of short term visas.
• Global solidarity against global capital — workers everywhere have more in common with each other than with their capitalist or Stalinist rulers.
• Democracy at every level of society, in trade unions, and from the smallest workplace or community to global social organisation.
• Equal rights for all nations, against imperialists and predators big and small.
• Maximum left unity in action, and openness in debate.
- Sydney - 0428 957 704
- Canberra - 0419 493 421
- Melbourne - 0400 877 819
- Brisbane - 07 3102 4681
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post - P O Box 298, Corinda, Qld 4075