Money’s tight for all of us at the moment. Particularly in the holiday season, most working-class people will be counting every penny.
If there is any money spare to donate, there’s a lot of pressure to donate it to a more obviously “charitable” cause.
That pressure is understandable. No matter how committed you are to socialism, there’s no denying that socialist revolution is a long way off in this country, and that £10 donated to a homelessness charity or a food kitchen has a far greater chance of immediately improving the lives of some of the most downtrodden, alienated, and vulnerable people in capitalist society than £10 donated to a revolutionary newspaper.
But we are asking you to give to Workers’ Liberty’s fund appeal. Donating money to us is the “long-game” approach to solving social problems, but we believe our ideas can contribute to building a movement that can do more than put a sticking plaster on problems like homelessness — we believe the ideas of democratic working-class socialism can eradicate them forever.
Donate what you can to our fund appeal, and help us build the movement for socialism.
Help us raise £15,000 by May Day 2013. You can contribute in the following ways:
* Taking out a monthly standing order using the form below or at www.workersliberty.org/resources. Please post completed forms to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation by cheque, payable to “AWL”, or donating online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL. More information: 07796 690874 / firstname.lastname@example.org / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, London SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £6,476
We raised £625 this week in increased standing orders and a donation. Thanks to AWL Students, Ali, Becky, Lawrence and Stuart.