Possibly the Prime Minister may live to regret setting up the facility to place e-petitions on the 10 Downing Street website. Or possibly he just intends to ignore them. There are now 6,752.
Here are JBlog’s recommended five to sign before their deadline runs out (soon):
- Recycle priority. We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to soften the bullying approach to domestic recycling until the escalating trend for unwanted junk mail, advertising brochures and excess packaging is reduced drastically for every household who feels they have no control over it but fears being made to pay for its disposal.
- Permanent stay for unaccompanied asylum seekers. We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Grant permanent stay to all Unaccompanied Asylum Seekers.
- Sack Ruth Kelly. Oh Yes. We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to remove Ruth Kelly from the position of Minister for Women and Equality … on the grounds that her views on homosexuality are incompatible with an Equality portfolio.
- Breastfeeding. We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to make breast feeding in all public places an acceptable way to feed our babies.
- NHS privatisation. We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Stop the diversion of National Health Service monies to the private sector through the award of contracts to private companies to establish CATS centres (Clinical Treat and Assess Centres).
Believe me, you have to wade through a long list of the unintelligible, reactionary and simply crap to pull out the few diamonds. There’s even one to take the vote away from women.