The archives of the Alliance for Workers' Liberty and our forerunners, deposited at the library of the London School of Economics, are now catalogued and available to researchers.
The archives include all the documents and publications of the AWL and our forerunners except the most recent stuff, which is on this website or (in the case of more recent minutes of AWL committees) in electronic archives available to AWL members.
Contents of "Irish Workers' Group" folder:
1. League for the Workers' Republic and Workers' Fight group discussion (new series: n1)
The future of the IBs (Internal Bulletins) by Sean Matgamna
The role of the I.S. in the I.W.G. by Paddy Healy
The revolutionary party in Ireland by Sean Matgamna
What is the I.S. by Sean Matgmna
2. Internal Bulletin of the Irish Workers’ Group (Discussion no 2) (two copies and one photocopy)
Proposed draft constitution of the IWG – Preamble
3. Draft preamble of the constitution – a reply to comrade McFarlane by Sean Matgamna
4. Draft Manifesto – To the Workers' Republic of Ireland (Photocopy of manuscript – early 1971).
5. Photocopy of first page of typewritten letter to Paddy in reply to points made on Czechoslovakia – Written jointly with Phill, but not signed. (28/8/1968)
6. “The Plague of the Prophet”
Who said it? (all quotes from Trotsky)
Revolutionary socialism: A restatement. (Published by Sean Treacy, 24 Overton Road, London SW9)
7. A declaration of the Trotskyist faction. Signed: C. Hussey (Secretary, Trotskyist faction), Sean Matgamna (Editor, W.R.), R. Matgamna (Bus. Manager, W.R.), Liam Boyle (Nat. Secretary, IWG), P. Semp, G. Atkinson, C. Quinlan (Sec. & Treas., Che Guevara Branch), Sean Boyle, Liam Daltun. (two copies)
Appendix: A statement from Liam Boyle (one copy)