A programme for independent working-class politics in Australia
• Independent working-class representation in politics.
• A workers’ government, based on and accountable to the labour movement.
• A workers’ charter of trade union rights — to organise, to strike, to picket effectively, and to take solidarity action.
• Public ownership of essential industries, and taxation of the rich to fund renewable energy and environmental protection, decent public services, homes, education and jobs for all.
• A workers’ movement that fights all forms of oppression. Full equality for women, and social provision to free women from domestic labour. For reproductive justice: free abortion on demand; the right to choose when and whether to have children. Full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. Indigenous control of idigenous affairs. Working class unity against racism.
• Free refugees, let them stay, right for workers to remain in Australia without insecurity of short term visas.
•Global solidarity against global capital — workers everywhere have more in common with each other than with their capitalist or Stalinist rulers.
• Democracy at every level of society, in trade unions, and from the smallest workplace or community to global social organisation.
• Equal rights for all nations, against imperialists and predators big and small.
• Maximum left unity in action, and openness in debate.
To find out more click on links below for copies of our newsletters. Write to us or call the numbers below if you want to help us distribute our bulletins and come to our political discussions.
Sydney: 0419 493 421
Melbourne - 0400 877 819
Brisbane - 07 3102 4681
Latest newsletter July 2017 | Back issues, leaflets, bulletins | Resources, documents, study courses | Progressive PSA | Labourstart Australia | Contact: by email, by writing to P O Box 298, Corinda, Qld 4075, by phoning +617 3102 4681, or in your city