Ideas for Freedom is the annual weekend of socialist discussion and debate hosted by Workers' Liberty.
Friday 4-Sunday 6 July 2014
University of London Union, Malet Street, WC1E 7HY
The main body of the event will take place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 July, but there will also be events on the evening of Thursday 3 and Friday 4 July.
For the Facebook event click here.
Themes will include:
• What struggles going on are most important to learn from?
• What might a revived labour movement look like? How will the changing shape of capitalism and the working class affect it?
• It's thirty years since the great Miners' Strike: what can we learn from this and other historical struggles?
• What can Marxism bring to current debates about oppression and liberation, and what can we learn from them to renew and improve Marxism?
• What can the Marxist-Trotskyist tradition, and other revolution traditions, contribute to sorting out the mess on the British left?
IFF will include lectures, debates, workshops, films and plenty of space for objections, dissent and criticism.
Freedom, as Rosa Luxemburg said, is always and everywhere freedom for the one who thinks differently. Come to IFF 2014, and get to grips with some different thinking!
Free creche and accommodation (get in touch to book) and cheap food.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 7394 8923 / 07796 690 874.